In the fulfillment of our mission, the Virginia Law Foundation strives to be recognized as the leading law-related philanthropic organization in Virginia. Through financial support and partnerships, VLF’s goal is to be a catalyst for original research, creative thinking, and well-crafted initiatives that advance the goals of our vision that:
- All persons should understand, value, and adhere to the Rule of Law. The Rule of Law should be recognized as the foundation of peace, stability, and prosperity.
- The gap between persons in need of access to legal assistance and sources of competent, affordable legal services in Virginia should be reduced significantly, if not closed.
- The VLF will support law related education as a way to realize the above two goals.
VLF grants are available to support projects in any part of the Commonwealth. However, applications for grants will be considered only if they support the VLF mission in one of the following areas:
- Access to Justice Programming
- Rule of Law Programming
- Other Law Related Education
In the last three years, approximately 43% of our grants have been related to legal education, 22% for Access to Justice programming, and 35% to Rule of Law initiatives.
Click on a link below to learn more about: