The Virginia Law Foundation welcomes donations from attorneys and their families, non-lawyers, law firms, and corporations who wish to contribute to our efforts. The Foundation is a IRS 501(c)(3) charity, and we rely solely on annual giving and our endowment returns to fulfill our mission.
The Virginia Law Foundation welcomes donations:
- By Mail - Please make checks payable to the Virginia Law Foundation and mail to:
- Virginia Law Foundation
- 600 East Main Street, Suite 2040
- Richmond, VA 23219
- Electronically via PayPal - Send your donation securely online using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or Amex) or bank account. Click the “Donate” button on the right.
We welcome the opportunity to explore a variety of additional gift options with you. Please call us at (804) 648-0112 or email email@example.com today!
- Cash gifts
- Life Insurance
- Honorary and Memorial Gifts
- Appreciated Stock
- Please instruct your broker to transfer the securities to Citi Smith Barney, DTC #0418, to the account of the Virginia Law Foundation (#170 – 0526C – 11). For proper credit, please advise Teresa Moore, Director of Operations, of your transfer. Gifts to the Virginia Law Foundation are tax-deductible [FEIN 51-0198088].
- United Way Contributor’s Choice Program (Richmond only)
Planned Gifts – the giving of money through wills, trusts and other assets can benefit both the Foundation and the donor.
- Wills & Bequests
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Remainder Annuity
- Charitable Lead Trust
Donations may be designated for the following purposes:
Unrestricted Gift – Will be used to support projects that (1) provide legal services to the indigent and/or promote pro bono legal services; (2) provide improvements in the administration of justice; (3) educate the public about the law; (4) provide public service internships to Virginia law students; or (5) supplement the general operating expenses of the VLF.
Endowment Gift – Donations earmarked for the Foundation’s endowment will become part of the investment pool which will support activities of the VLF well into the future. By dedicating funds now to be used continually in the future, the benefits of your gift can be extended well beyond this day.
Grant Program Support - Through financial support and partnerships, the Foundation’s goal is to be a catalyst for original research, creative thinking, and well-crafted initiatives that advance the goals of our vision.
Public Service Internship Fund – Stipends to selected law students from each of Virginia’s eight ABA-accredited law schools to support their work at law-related public service jobs during the summer. If you wish to designate your donation in support of a specific law school, please contact us.
Rule of Law Project – An educational program taught by volunteer citizen lawyers in Virginia, designed to teach middle school students about the importance of the rule of law in their daily lives and provide them a better understanding of the need to preserve and protect it as the foundation for the rights and freedoms we enjoy. This program is undertaken by the Virginia Bar Association through the financial support of the Virginia Law Foundation.
Donors may deduct contributions to the Foundation as provided in §170 IRC. Bequests, legacies, devises, transfers or gifts to or for the use of the Foundation are also deductible for federal estate and gift tax purposes.
For additional information, please call us at (804) 648-0112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.