The annual nomination period is now open and closes June 15.
Nominated confidentially by their peers, Virginia Law Foundation Fellows are recognized for leadership in their practices, their communities, and the Commonwealth. Our Fellows are the best and brightest legal practitioners in Virginia who are committed to the highest ideals of the law and exemplify the concept of citizen lawyer.
Nominations are now open for the Class of 2024, and candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for nomination:
- Be an active or associate member of the Virginia State Bar for at least ten years
- Be a resident of Virginia
- Be a person of integrity and character
- Have maintained and upheld the highest standards of the profession
- Be outstanding in the community
- Be distinguished in the practice of law
Retired and senior status judges are also eligible. Sitting full-time judges are not eligible during their tenures.
Nominations must include a confidential nomination form and a resume or biographical sketch of the nominee.